In contrast to my previous post, this one's gonna be slightly more... Sentimental. Guys, just bear with it shall we? (In any case, you can still click the pretty X at the top if you can't.)
I just got back from East Coast and I did a hell-of-a-lot of reflecting there. In my state of mixed feeling now, my thoughts are bound to come out in a mad string of incoherent sentences. But I'll let that be, as I think, for some odd incomprehensible reason, that'll make me sound slightly more honest than I have been the past few times.
It's amazing how one simple phone call can change everything. Sarah, Xavier, Georgina, Nathaniel, Almeric, Shermaine, Valerie. All the above mentioned are people that I used to be so close to, I thought I could tell them everything. Now, I don't think I can even recite any important events that happened in their lives for the past
2 6 months.
I admit, not that I've realized it, the drifting apart has pretty much been because of my own selfish reasons, habits, etc. I'm not sure if this is applicable for all the situations, but I know it has been the case for at least a handful of them. Maybe not for Xavier though :P because that prick just refuses to pick up my calls, or return my SMSes. Some of the times were because of the cheerteam, but I know better than to make excuses for myself when I clearly know if I'd tried, it wouldn't have turned out the same way.
My grandma was actually right when she said, "Don't expect people to think the same way as you do, or to know what you're thinking." I tell you, I'll never forget that now. I have a really cool grandma, but that's besides the point. When ever I judged people, I'd never stopped to think how the other party feels, or even consider the reasons for their actions - I just jumped to conclusions. It's pretty easy to do that, but what's easy may not always be right. Heck, it hardly ever is.
Come to think of it, I have a lot to things to be sorry about. But it's too much to type it out here. My excuses are inexhaustible, but they can never cover up for the truth - I just wasn't bothered enough. How is it that other people can care so much for me but I'm unable to reciprocate the feelings? I can be really cold and heartless, I know that much, but I never mean to be. Trust me, you'll know if I do.
So getting to my point, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for all the things that I've done or said without thinking through first, I'm sorry for being so tactless, I'm sorry for brushing people aside in favor of what I thought was "more beneficial" to me. I can say all the "sorry"s I want here but I know that it can't match up to saying them in person. So I will.
5:11 PM